1.13.2011

Oatmeal Muffins and the Kitchenaid Mixer

I had a bit of a sleepy start this morning, as I was up rather late typing up recipes and reorganizing my kitchen, but by about 10 am, I was ready to hit the kitchen!

Sur la Table had posted a few days ago, on Twitter, a lovely sounding Oatmeal Muffin recipe. I decided to give it a go, as we're trying to eat a bit healthier in preparation for an upcoming vacation. I had all the ingredients on hand and this would be a good opportunity to test out my new 9-speed Kitchenaid hand mixer, which arrived last night.

The recipe was rather simple. Whisk together nine dry ingredients, then add the liquids. Piece of cake, right? Well, I put all the dry ingredients into my mixing bowl and attached the whisk to my mixer. The mixer did combine the ingredients but I must say, it did stuggle a bit. Then, I added the liquids and ended up hand whisking it toward the end. The mixer attachment actually came off! (Yes, it had locked.) Perhaps, I'll try the beaters next time.



The muffins baked for 20 minutes and I set them out to cool for just a few moments before diving into one. It tasted rather good... healthy... but I thought it needed just an added touch of sweetness so I dribbled just a little honey on top and it made a world of difference! Lovely!


Now, it's time to marinate the pot roast for tomorrow night's dinner. I received the Colonial Williamsburg Tavern Cookbook for Christmas and I'm rather excited to try the Oven Braised Ginger Pot Roast (p 121) and the Yorkshire Pudding (p 124).

'Til next time! x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's keep the conversation going! Feel free to comment below or on Instagram!

If you want to comment without linking to your profile (or if you don't have an account), please choose "Name/URL" from the drop-down and leave your first name (website optional) so I know who I'm responding to. I can't wait to read your feedback! x