6.27.2011

Crease-free Unfinished Project Storage

If you're like me, you tend to have multiple sewing projects going at once. I either get bored with one project and really excited about another or I reprioritize different projects based on desired enddates. Either way, the result is the same: I have cut pieces of fabric piling up. But, what is the best way to store them?

Recently, I've started using a new method for keeping those projects which have been pushed back down the queue out of the way and wrinkle-free. Instead of folding projects you aren't working on, simply lay all of the pieces in a pile, place notions in a plastic bag on top, and secure to a thin wire hanger with three wooden clothespins. Now, you can hang the project in a closet or your sewing room and when you want to work on it again, your pieces and notions will all be in one place and they won't need to be re-ironed.

Note: the wire hanger/wooden hanger combo works best because the wire hanger is thin enough to allow a lot of fabric to be pinned without excess pressure and the soft wooden pins are less likely to leave impressions than the rigid plastic ones.

Now that I've hung my two sets of dress pieces away, it's back to the shorts! Happy Monday! x

2 comments:

  1. This is actually a really great idea . . . my fabric piles are embarrassing.

    ReplyDelete

Let's keep the conversation going! Feel free to comment below or on Instagram!

If you want to comment without linking to your profile (or if you don't have an account), please choose "Name/URL" from the drop-down and leave your first name (website optional) so I know who I'm responding to. I can't wait to read your feedback! x