9.17.2011

Works in Progress - Update

At the end of July, I shared with you my remaining sewing plans for summer. I just took a look at the list and I didn't do a bad job.
Here's the update:
Butterick 5351 in a lavender eyelet (needs straps sewn and hem) Done!
Butterick 4443 in a pink and green plaid (needs the lining taken in to reduce bulk and hem)
Simplicity 2584 in white with a lace overlay (we're still deciding on a neckline and front darts) Done!
New Look 6057 in a blue and white linen gingham
Simplicity 2246 x2 in a red cotton and a blue herringbone Done and done!
McCalls 2365 in a green linen Sadly, my linen shrank more than anticipated so, I didn't have enough to do this project.

Of course, I've added to the list! I need fall clothes now:
A yet-to-be-determined pencil skirt pattern, first in poly/rayon Glen plaid to test it, then in a wool tweed and a wool herringbone.
Butterick 5682 in a 21 wale grey corduroy
Vogue 1183 in a dusty mauve modal knit
Vogue 8685 in a light blue modal knit, though I may save this for spring
Vogue 8379 in a black modal knit
(oh and Burda 7523 for DF)

Luckily, my fall stash isn't too out of control... Yet.

What are you working on? x

2 comments:

  1. Great job crossing those items off your list, doesn't it feel good? I am excited for your fall sewing - you've got a great list of fabrics and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks @Annabelle! It really does :) I'm quite proud of myself for sticking with it (and I'm sure DF appreciates my efforts to buy only what I'll use). I love your fall palette too! I meant to say so but got distracted by the challenge link (sorry). I can't wait to see what you make in those beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete

Let's keep the conversation going! Feel free to comment below or on Instagram!

If you want to comment without linking to your profile (or if you don't have an account), please choose "Name/URL" from the drop-down and leave your first name (website optional) so I know who I'm responding to. I can't wait to read your feedback! x