4.28.2014

Me-Made-May '14: My Pledge

You guys!! It's almost May!! You know what that means :-)  Once again, Me-Made-May is going to sweep across the sewing world.  Have you submitted your pledge?


You may notice, I'm cutting my submission a bit close this year.  Machine problems and jaw surgery tried to rain on any sewing mojo I've had this year so, I wasn't expecting to participate.  However, I'm finally back up to 90-95% recovery-wise and my machine is back home (not perfect but, usable for now) so, I've probably spent more time in my sewing room this last week than I had all year!  As a result, I expect to have four new items to add to my Me-Made line-up!  With this extra boost, I've properly planned out my possible outfit combinations and determined that, even though I didn't succeed last year, I'm ready to up the ante! 

'I, Jennifer of msjennyhomemaker.blogspot.com, sign up as a participant of Me-Made-May '14. I endeavour to wear five me-made items per week for the duration of May 2014.'

The most I've pledged before was four per week and I wouldn't call those attempts successful. However, I've been working on building my separates wardrobe, as past participation has shown me I should, and unlike last year, I'm going to allow repeats as needed. I hope not to depend on any items too much though.  I make this allowance simply so I can document which pieces I reach for often and should, therefore, make more of.  Despite the repeat option, I am also (loosely) requiring that I wear each of my me-mades at least once. If an item doesn't fit, it's excluded; however, if I just don't want to wear it, it's time to take it out of my closet and replace it with something I love. This year's pledge is less about forcing myself to wear all of my me-mades to participate and more about really learning what I reach for and love to wear.  My goal is to test all of my current wardrobe theories and fill in gaps so next year, I can pledge the full week.

Only two days to go! I'd better go finish my current projects!

Can't wait to see everyone else's posts!

Happy sewing! x

4 comments:

  1. I was a last-minute pledger too! Looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with... I could do with finishing a few bits off too - here's hoping MMM14 gives me the much-needed boot up the bum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad I'm not the only one :-) Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with MMM14. I think I am opting out again this year. Pregnancy has changed my body and breastfeeding means that I have different requirements from my clothes than I did in the past :) I am excited to see the outfits that you put together and learn the items that you wear the most often.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't blame you. MMM is time consuming anyway and you have a darling little to spend the month with :-) I'm sure there will be a next year. Poor Zoe must know we can't do without it now :-P

    ReplyDelete

Let's keep the conversation going! Feel free to comment below or on Instagram!

If you want to comment without linking to your profile (or if you don't have an account), please choose "Name/URL" from the drop-down and leave your first name (website optional) so I know who I'm responding to. I can't wait to read your feedback! x